About Rethink Your Drink Day
The California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) CalFresh Healthy Living (CFHL) program invites Local Health Departments and community partners to host “Day of Action” events and engage their communities in support of Rethink Your Drink Day on Wednesday, May 10, 2023!
What is Rethink Your Drink Day?
Rethink Your Drink Day is a statewide promotion created by CDPH’s CFHL program to encourage families to make healthier drinking choices. Participating in Rethink Your Drink Day will help adults and children identify drinks with added sugar and provide education about the benefits of healthy beverage choices. This is an opportunity to encourage your community to take small steps toward making positive and healthy behavior changes.
How You Can Participate in Rethink Your Drink Day:
Local Health Departments and community partners statewide are invited to participate in Rethink Your Drink Day by executing one (or several) of the promotional activities listed below that best fit your capabilities.
Visit the Resources for Partners (jump link to the Spanish materials on the Partners page)page to view and download the materials to support the promotion activity efforts listed below. Select materials are available in Spanish.
- Host your own “Rethink Your Drink” event in your community on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. Click here to complete the toolkit registration form.
- Download, print, and share Rethink Your Drink Day resources such as flyers, and beverage tips cards to share with individuals and families in your community.
- Download the social media toolkit to post images and captions to your social media platform(s).
- Download, embed and/or share digital resources such as flyers, beverage tip cards newsletter content on your website and communication channels.
- Customize your e-mail signatures with Rethink Your Drink Day banner and tagline options.
- Present the Rethink Your Drink Day PowerPoint Presentation to individuals and families in your community in-person or via webinar.
- Encourage individuals and families in your community to use the Beverage Breakdown tool to find out below how much added sugar themselves and their families consume every day.
Hosting a Rethink Your Drink Event in Your Community
On Wednesday, May 10, 2023, partners statewide can come together to help reduce sugar intake and prevent illness by hosting an in-person Rethink Your Drink Day event.
We encourage CalFresh Healthy Living affiliated state and local implementing agencies and their community-based partners to host events. Click here to complete the registration form to host an event in your community. Event hosts must be affiliated with a CalFresh Healthy Living organization and serve audiences who are eligible to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
Eligible hosts will receive, while supplies last, a FREE Rethink Your Drink Day event kit, which includes tips and promotional materials. If supplies run out, you can still access, download, and print event box materials at RethinkYourDrinkDay.com. In exchange for your event kit, we ask that you submit five photos from your Rethink Your Drink Day event and complete the event online evaluation survey.
Have questions about Rethink Your Drink Day?
Contact the CalFresh Healthy Living PR team at CFHL_PR@rs-e.com